11489- Product Manager
#SS – 11489
Location: TEMPE, AZ
Duration: 3 Months
The Automation and Orchestration department automates away the toil and complexity of secure reliable delivery and operation, so teams can focus on their core business value.
The Automation and Orchestration Product Manager is responsible for defining,
delivering, and managing the lifecycle of products in the internal automation group.
The Product Manager manages strategic product vision, product discovery, roadmaps, and backlog to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by their product.
Successful Product Managers help to identify assumptions and validate those assumptions through the use of product discovery techniques.
The Product Manager is responsible for working closely with key stakeholders and partners, ensuring the successful definition and execution of go-to market and communications strategies for their products.
Product Managers are also responsible for actively participating in our learning culture; including coaching and mentoring staff, stakeholders, and peers.
General Product Manager Duties:
• Create, drive and execute product strategy for one or more products in our growing digital product portfolio.
• Use customer feedback, detailed market analysis, and data gathering to make decisions about product strategy.
• Define and manage metrics to measure the success of your efforts and to inform the overall product strategy.
• Be recognized as the “ voice of the customer” invest significant time with current and potential customers to understand their needs & habits.
• Engage in discovery/test & learn activities to quickly validate assumptions and product direction.
• Decompose complex problems into smaller manageable tasks by creating and prioritizing a backlog for the team.
• Manage the product backlog, create an effective vision and provide timely stakeholder feedback on development iterations.
• Ensure the successful execution of development standards to ensure tight feedback loops and clear product definition.
• Develop and execute both an internal and external communications strategy for marketing your products.
• Coach and mentor members of the team as well as members of the cross-functional development organization on how to collaborate and conduct idea generation, consumer research, test design and execution, measurement, product implementation, customer interactions
and roll out.
Job Specific Qualifications:
• Manage the partnership and communication to senior leaders across the different business areas.
• Provide education to leaders across the company on effectively using automation tools
• Grow, manage and maintain the internal customer backlog for prospective users of automation tool services.
• 5-10 years relevant new product or technology development experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience shipping software.
• Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you have the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals
• Ability to communicate complex and innovative concepts to a new product development team
• Clear passion for topics of technology products and an ability to identify possibilities to innovate in our product space
• Ability to be self-directed and to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
• Understanding of and experience working in a development environment
• Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree, MBA/MIS/MS desired
• Strong understanding and experience with automation, either as a developer or product manager on developer-oriented products.
• Solid understanding of the different functional, security, operational, financial and organizational factors that play into automation tools
• Actual experience working in any project that successfully leverages continuous integration and delivery