NFD044D- Business Analyst
Location: SOUTHFIELD, MI
- This position is responsible for the development, validation, documentation for process or system design and changes.
- Performs operational analysis, research activities, records data, gathers and documents requirements and provides status reporting.
- Responsible for completing projects and applying standard project management concepts.
- Develop and document detailed business requirements based on an understanding of business and operational needs and which can easily be interpreted by systems in preparation of technical specifications.
- Participate in business process mapping and development of use case scenarios.
- Develop and write test plan criteria and strategy.
- Focus on specific parts of a project or assists in planning the projects.
- Act as a subject matter expert within various areas of accountability (e.g. group administration, annuity, and group benefits).
- Conduct business specification reviews.
- Assist with production support responsibilities requiring task and team management skills.
- Participate and support post implementation process.
- Support project management methodology.
- Identify, articulate, and resolve issues of all types.
- Manage assigned projects to meet business objectives and requirements.
- Support Project Manager in project capacity (e.g. the accurate scope and planning of a project including establishing milestones and implementation plans).
- Report project issues and status to appropriate parties.
- Develop expertise in assigned business area or industry.
- Plan and facilitate all aspects of strategy and planning sessions with all audiences.
- Coach others in developing business analysis skills.
- Analyze, plan and implement project under the direction of a project manager.
- Lead a small project team within group or mentor others.
- Exhibit competency and project management communication and evaluation skills (e.g. options analysis, status reports, minutes, presentations, GAP analysis and CBA’ s).
- Comply with reporting and project audits.
- Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
- Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Communication or IT plus 3 years product, process or project management experience OR 7 years of product, process or project management experience within an organization managing projects utilizing a rigorous project management methodology
- Experience providing consultation for business rules and configuration changes to medical underwriting systems
- Problem solving, critical thinking, technical and analytical skills
- Insurance industry experience
- Clear and concise interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Project management and leadership abilities
- PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work independently
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Web experience