13753- Sr UX Designer
Northbrook, IL 60062 US
Location: NORTHBROOK, IL (Hybrid)
Duration: 8 Months+
- The Senior UX Designer uses human centered design methods to create industry-leading experiences from ideation to launch of a product or service.
- Daily, you’ll partner with other UX practitioners and leaders, engineers, developers, product management, and a variety of business partners, to create innovative solutions that meet both user needs and key business objectives.
- The Senior UX Designer crafts, plans, develops, and evaluates new product and service concepts, enhancements to existing products and services or strategic product extensions, often working in high-profile and complex projects.
- They partner with research insight teams to gather and understand data and insights to inform products and services as well as test prototypes with end-users.
- When it comes to the Senior UX Designer’s tool chest, they have expertise in communicating clearly and building concepts using sketches, online whiteboards, journey maps, site maps, navigation designs, user flows, information organization models, wireframes, prototypes, and other specifications that communicate experience and design intention.
- They incorporate human-centered design methods to both expand the scope of possibilities and converge on hypothesis-based solutions that meet both user and business needs.
- All applicants should provide work samples, with proper consideration of copyright restrictions.
- The applicant should be able to speak to their design philosophy and be aware of design trends.
- Applicants who cannot provide work samples will not be considered.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team aligned to a work stream or product, including defining the direction, quality, and outcome from a UX perspective.
- Work closely with product managers to assess and prioritize strategic opportunities in an agile development environment.
- Ability to design and envision future experiences iteratively in a dynamic environment by being mindful of how the experience needs to evolve over time.
- Model how to use human-centered design approaches to frame problems, uncover patterns, discover opportunities, and visualize concepts.
- Communicate clear, focused user experience concepts for products during all stages of the design process using deliverables such as wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, and prototypes using industry software like Figma, Sketch and InVision.
- Collaborate within product teams – assess and prioritize opportunities, constraints, and features - advocating for the end user while balancing the negotiation of priorities and business goals.
- Facilitate feedback loops through frequent and appropriate user research, testing, and metrics analysis.
- Continuously grow and share your depth of knowledge and apply it to develop your colleagues and evolve or craft new product opportunities.
- Collaborate with product owners, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand experience and technology requirements to provide creative and thoughtful solutions.
- Measure your design solutions with metrics that matter; ensure qualitative and quantitative data is captured and used appropriately to inform decisions.
• Five or more years as a UX practitioner in highly collaborative environments.
• Experience facilitating a wide breadth of human-centered design methodologies with proficiency in design methods, interaction design, information architecture, user research, visual design, prototyping, and/or content design.
• Strong Visual Design skillset, understanding the constraints of technology platforms: Native Mobile, Responsive Web, and Internet of Things (IoT) with experience applying Design Systems effectively.