13833- Medical Management Specialist
Medical Management Specialist
#DB – 13833
Location: ROCKFORD, IL
Duration: 6 Months Contract to Hire
This position is responsible for conducting medical management and health education programs for customers on government health care programs.
This role will include gathering, analyzing and providing date for regulatory reports.
This position will represent the company to members.
- Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Professional Counselor (LCPC), or Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) with 2 years direct clinical care to the consumer in a clinical setting.
- Current, valid, unrestricted license in the state of operations (or reciprocity). For compact licensee changing permanent residence to state of operations, you must obtain active, unrestricted RN licensure in the state of operations within 90 days of hire.
- Plus 3 years wellness or managed care experience presenting clinical issues with members/physicians.
- Knowledge of the health and wellness marketplace and employer trends.
- Verbal and written communication skills including discussing medical needs with members and interfacing with internal staff/management and external vendors and community resources.
- Analytical experience including medical data analysis.
- PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, database experience and Web based applications.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 3 years clinical experience.
- Patient education experience.
- Condition Management experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Experience in managing complex or catastrophic cases.
- Certification in Case Management, Training, Project Management or nationally recognized health care certification