18459-Marketing consultant/ Spanish Translator
Villa Park, IL 60181 US
Marketing consultant/ Spanish Translator
Location: Chicago, IL OR Richardson, TX
Duration: 6 months
- This remote contractor position is responsible for assisting in the Spanish-Language translation/transcreation of promotional materials for key areas within the Company. Collaborate with other internal stakeholders as it relates to translation, adaptation and transcreation of documents for members and potential members.
- Collaborate with the development of reference guides such as the Spanish-Language Style Guide and the Bilingual English-Spanish Master Glossary. Will work remotely within the Chicagoland area, occasional meetings held at the Chicago headquarters.
• Follow guidelines/systems established by the internal Spanish translations team management to fulfill all assignments based on quality assurance and timeliness.
• Translate, edit and review materials from English into Spanish as assigned.
• Prepare reports as required; enter project information within proprietary software to track progress and completion of projects per line of business, department, communication channel, etc.
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, and translation vendors.
• Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
• Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities.
• Comply with all required training as assigned by management in a timely manner.
• Comply with company guidelines for the use of all software, systems, portals and project management tools.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience in translation, writing, marketing and communication.
• Competency in Spanish at a native to advanced skilled level combined with knowledge and understanding of the Spanish-dominant community in the United States.
• Editorial experience: proofreading, editing, copywriting and translating.
• Understanding of the U.S. Hispanic Market.
• Project management skills: ability to prioritize and find solutions for complex projects.
• Ability to work in a team setting, collaborate and assisting in the development of desired writing style/voice in Spanish.
• Ability to build positive working relationships.
• Clear and concise interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products and Translation Memory Software.
• Previous translation experience & certification or accreditation.
• Membership/Certification from ATA or another translation/interpreting professional organization.