18950- Websphere MQ Administrator
Chicago, IL 60601 US
Location: CHICAGO, IL OR RICHARDSON, TX (Hybrid)
Duration: CONTRACT TO HIRE
This position is responsible for Collaborating with Solutions Engineering, Infrastructure Operations, and Infrastructure Service Management teams in the design and build of infrastructure solutions/blueprints for area of responsibility; participating in the design and build of repeatable patterns (build-kits) to improve deployment times for non-prod and prod environments; transitioning knowledge to Infrastructure Operations.
Work with management team under minimal supervision, as a senior level WebSphere/MQ Administrator to implement manage, and monitor multiple WebSphere environments.
- design and installation of IBM MQ and/or WebSphere Application Server,
- enterprise applications, installation and configuration of new platform,
- configuring or modifying platform,
- proactively monitoring the health of environment,
- configuring and managing the security of the platform.
- monitoring, optimizing, tuning and troubleshooting MQ and/or WebSphere applications.
- Proficient in IBM MQ design, installation, fixpack upgrade, migration, and configuration
- Infrastructure Automation (such ansible tool preferred)
- Operations Management and IT standards, procedures, and policies
- Expert level knowledge with MQ horizontal/vertical Clustering
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills; teamwork and collaboration
- Problem solving / analytical skills, tools and techniques with experience in troubleshooting MQ issues as well as other complex MQ and WebSphere performance issues
- The candidate must have a high level of motivation in learning new technologies and software products and reviewing these technologies for enhancements to the current middleware environment.
- Knowledge with Dynatrace - preferred
- Ability to create long and short term plan and prioritize tasks and make trade-off decisions
- Adaptability and ability to introduce / manage change with ServiceNow and Jira - preferred
- Basic knowledge with container and IBM CP4I - preferred
- Basic understanding of AIX/RedHat/Windows administration and including basic shell scripting