19085- Database Reporting Analyst
Chicago, IL 60601 US
Location: Chicago or Richardson (hybrid 3 days onsite/2 days offsite)
Duration: 3 month contract for hire
This position is responsible for designing and developing applications, databases and reports based on long-term business strategy including major enhancements to existing functionality and user tools.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance complex databases used for a variety of areas and functions using SQL, VB, VBA, Access, Excel and other software as applicable.
- Work with users to capture and analyze business and data requirements necessary to meet business needs and corporate strategies/goals.
- Write programs, develop and maintain distributed architecture databases for major corporate functions and develop required reporting.
- Evaluate and recommend to management appropriate hardware/software platform upgrades.
- Maintain documentation of all requests, data parameters and reports in an accurate and accessible manner.
- Streamline reporting as much as possible by automating queries, etc. and/or placing reports in production to minimize manual efforts.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience in areas of information technology and 2 years of relevant database and application development experience. Requires advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding of database and application systems design and interfaces.
- 3 years’ experience in SQL programming.
- Thorough knowledge of PC windows-based applications, including Excel, Access, and VBA.
- Skills to anticipate additional reporting parameters and confirm requirements as needed.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Business, Math or Computer Science.
- Experience with Tableau and SharePoint.