22542- NOC Technician- 3rd Shift
#ME – 22542
Location: PARSIPPANY, NJ
Duration: 12 Months
We are looking for someone to join the Network Operations Operator that provides 24/7 monitoring, support & escalation for NEX’ s global back-office, production, trading & broking service infrastructure.
The individual will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving network related problems, escalation to the \Tier 2 NOC technicians (Network Operators L2, Network Engineers, and Linux Administrators), .
The individual will also be responsible coordinating activities with our global partners of Field Service Engineers suppliers, and our Telco suppliers globally.
This position involves shift work at our Parsippany NJ location and occasionally NYC.
This role requires a great deal of dedication to meeting planned timelines and analytical skills to swiftly resolve issues.
- Provide reliable and quality, Network Operations desk support in an electronic, financial services, 24X7 production environment
- Respond to events from the monitoring tools, with the goal of restoration of service
- Troubleshoot and resolve WAN and LAN related issues using MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, IS-IS, and OSPF routing protocols
- Work closely with our Telco suppliers globally to resolve network related issues.
- Coordinate break-fix and outage remediation activities with our global partners of Field Service Engineers suppliers, and our Telco suppliers globally
- Record and track problem events and follow up to ensure resolution and/or escalate to Tier 2 as necessary
- Liaise with a various internal stakeholders and business partners, including Customer Support, Regional Operations, Engineering, Development and QA
- Provide first point of contact support; used as a hub to escalate & communicate to other technical groups/management
- Knowledge and experience with technology infrastructure monitoring and management tools
- Experience using HP OpenView (NNM & Operations), Big Brother, Netcool or similar event monitoring tools
- Knowledge of Networking concepts; LAN; WAN; TCP/IP; routers; switches; subnets; DMZ; Firewall
- Strong knowledge and experience troubleshooting WAN and LAN related issues; MPLS, T1, T3, DS3, BGP, EIGRP, ISIS, MetroE, OSPF
- Experience using Help Desk/Trouble-Ticket software, such as ServiceNow, HP ServiceDesk or Remedy
- Intermediate understanding of Networking concepts; LAN; WAN; TCP/IP; routers; switches; subnets; DMZ; Firewall
- Prior alert escalation experience, including paging; conferencing; e-mails; cell/home calling
- Prior Network Operations or related Computer Operations experience
- Experience with fault management, escalation and Customer engagement
- Experience dealing with service providers and vendors
- Cisco CCNA or higher certification preferred
- Exceptional technical and non-technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- Provide status updates to management and turnover reporting to other shifts & departments
- Reasonably flexible with work schedule:
- Ability to work nights and holidays
- Ability to cover other shifts, including weekends shifts, during holidays; staffing shortages; emergency cases
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Demonstrate a calm demeanor and retain composure in fast-paced environment
- Associate Degree in Technical discipline or 4 years of equivalent work experience
- Current CCNA or CCNP/DP certification or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a technical support NOC environment
- 2+ years of experience working on trading system environments
Special Job Requirements:
- Ability to work nights
- Ability to provide coverage on weekends and day shifts as needed