22938- JAVA Developer
#JP – 22938
Location: CHICAGO, IL
Duration: 12 Months+
The Sr Software Engineer will be working on a mission critical Java-based Web Application which is used to manage markets with trillions in value.
The candidate is responsible for providing a visual representation of the current and historical state of the markets.
You will work with Business Analysts, QAs and peers in the Agile environment to do planning, developing and testing. You need to continue building and improving existing application and testing framework to meet various business needs.
In a fast pace environment, the candidate needs to have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and eager to learn new technologies.
The team is comprised of highly skilled engineers who are focused on building quality web applications that deliver on visual excellence using cutting edge technologies.
You must have an excellent written and verbal communication skills to achieve the business requirements.
- Design and implement the core functionalities independently
- Participate in code reviews to provide/take feedback from your peers
- Improve the architecture of an existing automated testing frameworks
- Support testing framework along with your own applications; Write unit tests to achieve a full coverage
- Ensure code quality through mentoring and leading by example and follow the best practices
- Work with different teams to deliver the project in a timely manner
- Mentor junior developers and is influential with the team
- Help troubleshooting production issues when required
- Bring in new ideas to make improvement; Contributes to architecture discussions
- Focus mainly on backend design/implementation
- Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC
- JUnit, JMock, Mockito
- SQL, NoSQL, JDBC
- AJAX, JSON
- Git, Maven
- Design patterns, Data structures
- Test Driven Development
- Experience creating modular applications. OSGi is a big plus
- Knowledge of DevOps and Cloud computing preferred.
- At least five years of experience designing and developing Java applications
- BS or MS degree in a technical field
- Financial/Futures industry experience is a plus