Chicago, IL 60606 US
Location: CHICAGO, IL
The Technical Specialist Software Engineering independently engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions to serve the authentication and authorization needs of customers in the global marketplace.
- Applies advanced knowledge of development tools to maintain and improve designs when applying modifications.
- Exhibits highly advanced full-stack Java language proficiency and independently writes application modules and unit tests.
- Demonstrates expertise in design and analysis patterns.
- Considers code optimization techniques while performing delegated tasks.
- Discovers own bugs through unit tests and corrects identified defects and issues.
- Documents and reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects as well as identify possible solutions to issues outside of code.
- Demonstrates flexibility during code review and provides constructive feedback.
- Identifies industry standards and promotes best practices.
- Exhibits expert knowledge of database SQL, and is proficient with database modeling and tuning.
- Reviews and assists with environment build deployments, release notes and build notices.
- Mentors other developers on multiple projects and enforces architecture standards.
- Influences others across company divisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline is required; or equivalent combination of education and relevant proven work experience that is required for the specific job level.
- Full-stack Java developer with 8+ years of core development experience and 4+ of front end development.
- Financial services industry experience preferred.
- Java, Spring framework
- OAuth/Open ID Connect, LDAP
- RDBMS, SQL
- CI/CD tools: Bamboo, Chef, Jenkins
- XL Release (optional)
- UC4 (optional)
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) (optional)