27428- Linux Support Engineer
New York, NY 10282 US
Linux Support Engineer
Location: NEW YORK, NY
Duration: 12 MONTHS+
- The Sr Systems Engineer ESP supports the Enterprise Server Platforms at our client.
- The incumbent must have strong knowledge of server (Windows or Linux) administration, configuration, networking, scripting and automation, large scale distributed computing, hardware/operating system/application interaction, and security. Strong communication and documentation skills are required as the candidate will typically be working with customers for support and new initiatives.
• Accurately defines problem statements, gathers and compares data about the problems and document the details; Prepares analysis report and seeks out all feasible alternatives; Prioritizes the alternatives and works out a plan for execution with supervision.
• Demonstrates knowledge of skilled systems (Linux/Windows), distributed computing architecture (client server, intranet/internet), h/w platforms and resources - CPU, memory, virtualization, clustering and cloud computing. Configures systems and modifies settings to ensure proper functioning; Handles most implementations without support, including script implementation and validation, automating where possible; Provides routine maintenance of systems.
• Gathers requirements from customers and analyzes the environment scope for business requirements; Facilitates hardware and software requirements; Maintains the availability of environments for projects; Follows application deployment/configuration plans and implements execution environment plans.
• Troubleshoots most known and some new issues, determines the root cause, provides solutions, and takes initiative to see the solution through; Identifies problems and provides solutions; Verifies implementation and makes adjustments as necessary; Documents solution and provides clarification and support to others.