27453- Senior Network Engineer
Chicago, IL 60606 US
Senior Network Engineer
Location: CHICAGO, IL OR NEW YORK, NY (HYBRID)
Duration: 15 MONTHS+
- The Senior Network Engineer focuses on the installation, support and maintenance of hardware and software in accordance with best practices.
- They have some light design experience and provide advanced troubleshooting.
- Engineering - Respond to third level escalation, providing on-call rotation and advanced troubleshooting for endemic problems in the environment.
- Conduct lab verification of expected operational and technical behaviors.
- Implements planning for new initiatives and expansion of existing infrastructures
- Support - Respond to second level escalation, providing on-call rotation in organization and hands-off changes. Audits and documents changes to the environment.
- Implements execution for new initiatives and expansion of existing infrastructures
Advanced-level knowledge of:
- R/S: OSPF, BGP, TCP/IP, L2 architectures
- Multicast: PIM-SM, MSDP, AnyCastRP
- Security: Firewalling, ACLs, industry best practice, Internet architectures
- Load Balancing: F5 LB, iRules, persistence, etc.
- VPN: IPSec and SSL
- Wireless: standards, security, radio placement, etc.