27814- QA Engineer
Chicago, IL 60606 US
Location: Chicago (hybrid)
Duration: 12 months
The QA Engineer is an intermediate test engineer who is technically strong and can support and maintain an end to end Unix-based system integration testing environment with minimal oversight. Must be able to learn business knowledge well enough to execute, verify, analyze, troubleshoot and enhance automated regression tests that validate data/messaging flow across multiple applications. Must be able to interface and communicate with technical subject matter experts locally and across multiple geographic locations to get issues resolved. The QA Support Engineer is required to report task progress, suggest creative ideas and approaches for improvement, and escalate issues to the Lead QA Analyst.
• Assist senior QA member or lead in identifying test scope, test risks, and test methodology approaches.
• Create and maintain test documentation.
• Execute test responsibilities with minimal supervision.
• Interface and communicate with internal teams and external support groups.
- Master or bachelor’s degree in computer science or Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience with the open source technology, knowledge of Cucumber test automation framework with experience in being responsible for development of the Framework and Automation test cases.
- Must be experienced with SQL and Linux/UNIX with some knowledge in Java.
- Experience working with and coordinated automated test activities across multiple platforms.
- Developed and/or recommended tools to assist test engineers in automated test planning, execution and reporting.
- Experience developing automated tests and optimizing automation frameworks.
- Experience with automation concepts on code reviews and mentoring team members on automation best practices.
- Prior functional testing experience focused on back end apps to come up with effective test cases when necessary and provide help with functional testing activities.
- Proficient with testing methodologies preferably iterative approach
- Source Code Management (SCM): Bitbucket and GitHub a plus
- Familiar with Jenkins a plus
- Experience testing and integrating large systems.