29251- Service Desk Technician
Dallas, TX 75235
Service Desk Technician
#SLP – 29251
Location: DALLAS, TX
Duration: 12 Months
Under general supervision, at a 24/7 Service Desk environment, Service Desk Specialists provide a single point of contact for all Customers with Technical issues/request/questions.
Service Desk Specialists troubleshoot and resolve moderately complex software/ hardware problems. During critical system outages Service Desk Specialists provide Management and the Situation Team with business impact information necessary to make decisions.
They represent the Customer during critical system outages and ensure the Customer’ s technical issue is fully resolved.
- Works all inbound support channels and provides a single point of contact for any technical issue, request or question that comes from the Customer.
- May require some assistance to complete the work requested from the Customer.
- Analyze the impact and urgency of the Customer’ s issue or request and facilitate implementation of the appropriate solutions.
- Accurately document the work performed for the Customer in the service management tool.
- Develop and document solutions to moderately complex technical issues.
- Consequences of error carry moderate risk to the organization.
- Analyze incident trends focusing on Shift Left opportunities for the Customers. Communicate to the Team shift left findings.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’ s Leaders.
- Minimum 3+ years of recent and relevant Service Desk experience required.
- Practical experience working within the ITIL methodology.
- ITIL Foundations Certification required
- Proficient knowledge of support procedures, processes, and service management tools and able to work all support channels while providing effective Customer service.
- Must possess strong organizational, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Proficient knowledge and able to support PC hardware, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Active Directory, Outlook / Exchange SMS, and MS Office Suite, iPads, smart phones.
- Proficient knowledge to support LAN, WAN, wireless networks.
- Proficient knowledge to support VDIs and Citrix.
- Basic knowledge of business applications and their impact on business functions.
- Accurate problem diagnosis and ability to resolve moderately complex IT problems rapidly and effectively.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Ability to work nights, holidays, and/or weekends to meet the needs of the operation in a call center type environment.
- Must exhibit proper support channel etiquette.
- Job is performed in a fixed position/work station for extended periods of time.
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.