31586- Material Handler- Processing Center
Material Handler – Processing Center
#SS – 31586
Location: SALT LAKE CITY, UT
Duration: 6-18 months
Hours: Swing Shift (5: 30pm – 1: 00am; Mon – Sat)
- A Material Handler in Print/Mail, must be able to work in a fast-paced, high production environment, and around noise and dust produced by paper and high-speed equipment. Safety items, such as ear plugs, latex gloves, and face masks are not required; however, they are made available to use at the non-employees discretion.
- A person in this position will be standing and walking throughout their shift, except when on break or lunch, or involved in team meetings.
- The job requires continual bending, twisting, stooping and the ability to lift or move 35 – 50 lbs. on a daily basis. Material Handlers operate motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment (e.g., pallet jacks, forklifts) to move pallets of material and must wear steel-toed shoes whenever operating the motorized equipment.
- The client will provide classroom training as well as On-The-Job training to obtain forklift/motorized equipment certification.
- The client will provide steel-toed shoe slip-ons for non-employees to use while on-site and performing their duties, or the non-employee can wear their own steel-toed shoes.
A Material Handler:
- Accepts shipments, loads and unloads deliveries using motorized or non-motorized equipment, while validating all associated paperwork/documentation is in order.
- Identifies type of material received by creating and placing a placard on all pallets received, assigns the pallet to a specific location within the Warehouse using an Inventory Management system, and then puts material away as specified.
- Delivers and sets-up material as needed for production runs in all departments; ensures adequate supplies are kept stocked so production is not impacted.
- Participates in maintaining accurate inventory, by conducting regular weekly/monthly physical counts.
- Processes outgoing overnight packages. Processes and delivers incoming mail packages and confirms delivery as required.
- Stretch wraps pallets as required when storing in the warehouse. Stretch wraps pallets of outgoing USPS mail.
- Loads USPS mail as required on USPS transportation vehicles. Loads mail on other Vendor supplied vehicles and ensures all quality controls are followed. Completes all necessary documentation to support warehouse inventory tasks.
- Removes full shred bins and replaces as needed.
- Ensures quality checks are performed as required throughout their shift.
- Works safely and maintains a clean work area. Meets department production and quality goals. Other Material Handler duties as assigned.
- 1 year forklift driving experience preferred with certification
- We focus on a Teamwork environment, so candidates should have good verbal communication skills.
- We maintain production and inventory management documentation, so candidates should have good written communication skills, as well as basic math, computer and problem solving skills.
- A high-school diploma or equivalent GED is required.