35157- Lead Software Engineer
Riverwoods, IL 60015
Lead Software Engineer
#JC – 35157
Duration: 3 Months Contract to Hire
- a Senior Principal Software Engineer you will work across multiple departments to help deliver a world class migration of applications to our company’ s new cloud-native platform. You’ ll use your cloud expertise to help define strategy, standards, and best practices.
- build out and lead a Center of Excellence of expert engineers from across all of Application Development that will be responsible for leading their product teams through this application migration.
We are looking for a dynamic leader who is an expert with cloud technologies.
Responsibilities include leading a team of engineers that will:
- Build migration plans
- Develop standardized methodology for application migrations
- Define and document standards and best practices for design (app patterns), deployment, and operation
- Establish governance of standards
- Work with teams to correct deficiencies in current apps design/configs prior to migrating to new platform
- Assist in migration of the critical or more complex apps to the new platform
- Develop a life cycle management strategy that keeps applications on current software
- Provide hands-on guidance and oversight for teams developing new applications to ensure new applications are taking advantage of defined app patterns, standards, best practices
- Be technical leaders, providing deep software development knowledge with respect to cloud design patterns, architectures, and programming.
- Provide day-to-day direction & guidance to the technical teams as required.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Information Technology or related area
- Experience with Cloud Native Platforms including Kubernetes, Open Shift, Docker Enterprise, or Cloud Foundry in the public cloud
- Experience with Containers and/or Serverless
- Experience with Microservices, Functions, Event-driven/reactive programming or other Cloud Native architecture
- Experience with DevOps and Agile engineering practices
- Experience deploying systems into a production cloud-native platform
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate teams.
- Ability to drive change, and motivate engineers to develop simple solutions for complex operational challenges.
- Experience collaborating and partnering effectively with several other teams.
- Experience leading discussions with senior leadership, and are able to tailor the level of technical detail to suit your audience.