36065- Solutions Engineer
Riverwoods, IL 60015
Location: RIVERWOODS, IL
Duration: 6 Months Contract to Hire
- On an Agile infrastructure team, you are responsible for all aspects of the software development lifecycle for client workstation and application virtualization solutions.
- Core competencies include, but are not limited to: Citrix Technologies including XenDesktop and XenApp, VDI, Software Deployment, PowerShell scripting/automation.
- Works independently as well as part of a tight-knit team, provides forward thinking solutions that drive both infrastructure and business solutions in a highly available and highly regulated environment.
- Interfaces with Solution Architects and other corresponding teams (network, security, appdev, hardware) on feature enrichment or problem solving of issues relating to the full system architecture stack.
- 8+ Years Experience working/engineering Virtualized environments (Citrix, VMware, Nutanix etc) utilizing innovative and automated solutions.
- In depth knowledge of related infrastructure technologies and landscape (hardware, software, network, security, etc.)
- Demonstrated incident, problem and escalation management for own area of responsibility with a strong customer focus.
- Familiarity with compliance standards such as PCI-DSS is preferred
- Demonstrated strong presentation and communication skills and the capability to address and interact with individuals or groups at varying levels of the organization.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies a plus
- Virtualization Technologies: VMware, Citrix or equivalent
- Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows
- Thin Client Management
- PowerShell Scripting
- SCCM or equivalent experience with configuration management solutions
- Group Policy Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor' s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- Must be well organized, self-motivated, and able to prioritize and multi-task in high-pressure situations
- Will be part of a 24x7 oncall rotation
- Able to work independently with strong interest on current planning techniques and technologies
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Create and Maintain Documentation both internally and customer facing
- Exceptional at troubleshooting, thinking out of the box