36281- Full Stack JAVA Developer- Devops
Riverwoods, IL 60015
Full Stack JAVA Developer- DevOps
#AF – 36281
Duration: 3 Months Contract to Hire
Responsible for developing large scale, customer-facing applications.
Designs, develops, and integrates systems for the award-winning digital presence by using Agile development methodologies to support existing and new product features.
Come join us in a fast-paced and rewarding position as a developer in the Fraud Models domain within the client which aims to prevent and detect fraudulent activity on customer accounts. Fraud prevention is one of the more critical applications within the client.
Responsible for analyzing, modifying, and supporting application software.
Ensures quality code is delivered through continuous integration, development, and testing. Performs technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation of software application modifications.
You will be successful at the client if you can:
• Break down a product vision into workable technical solutions to solve business problems
• Build high quality software for large scale and highly available systems
• Actively contribute to the department’ s developer community to support our transformation journey
• Provide strong technical and team leadership
• Talk about your work with both technical and non-technical team members
• Develop and maintain full stack solutions to fit business needs? full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and DevOps development.
• Work directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Work independently or with own team to innovate and advocate for best practices within the team.
• Design complex solutions and lead them from inception to production within the Agile team.
• Delivers technology solutions that support business goals. Partners with the product owner to understand business requirements, evaluates features, and translates application specifications into workable technical solutions
• Maintains application software and systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
• Oversees and reviews development activities of team members and contractors.
• Supports technical initiatives and provides input into best practices to team.
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Information Technology or relevant field
• 6 years of Software Engineering or related experience
• In lieu of degree, 8 years of Software Engineering or related experience
• Relevant hands-on experience with building highly scalable and reliable Java applications
• Experience with Java development on client facing application
• Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team?
• Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code?
• Strong experience working with a relational database? and NoSQL database
• Strong experience with CI/CD? pipelines with? Jenkins or? similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory?
• Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring?
• Experience developing and implementing API service architecture?
• Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres and understanding of columnar data stores such as Redshift or Snowflake?
• Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.?
• Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.?
• Build secure web applications with user authentication?
• Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies?
• Strong technical understanding of data architecture, data quality and related technologies?
• Autosys scheduling
• Developing applications on Pivotal Cloud Foundry and/or OCP
• Linux/Unix environment background including shell scripting