4012- SR FOUNDATIONS FUNDS SPECIALIST
Downers Grove, IL 60515 US
Sr Foundation Funds Specialist
Location: DOWNERS GROVE, IL (HYBRID)
Duration: 6 MONTHS+
- Coordinates and supports Foundation leadership and Fund Administrators across the system in the strategic use of Foundation funds.
- Analyzes new fund creation, optimal and appropriate utilization, portfolio management and sunsetting of unnecessary funds. Supports the Foundation's administrative operations, and develops and communicates operational policies and guidelines.
- Administers the disbursement of funds and develops system-wide disbursement processes to optimize their impact.
- Contributes to the development of annual fund disbursement plans in conjunction with Fund Administrators to ensure strategic, efficient, and timely application of funds.
- Coordinates the new fund creation review process to evaluate the appropriate use of Foundation funds and performance against set goals and objectives.
- Analyzes and implements opportunities to simplify the Foundation portfolio by sunsetting unproductive funds.
- Collaborates with department leadership to create operational policies and procedures for the Foundation, and coordinates the communication of these policies and procedures across the system.
- Researches and implements opportunities and benchmarks against other organizations to determine effective ways to improve the Foundation's overall operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field.
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in foundation operations and processes which includes experiences in project management, fund disbursement and policy development within a large, complex medical center environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Thorough knowledge of ethical guidelines, professional standards and federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations affecting fund development and utilization.
- Knowledge of foundation operations and evaluation of program performance against set goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate effectively across a large, complex organization.
- Skills in developing and maintaining excellent relationships with employees, donors, physicians, strategic leaders and other professionals.
- Demonstrated experience in policy development and process design.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, conflicting, complex and simultaneous demands in geographically dispersed areas.
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word) or similar products.