40135 -PMO Project Manager
Riverwoods, IL 60015 US
PMO Project Manager
#CP – 40135
Location: Riverwoods, IL
Duration: 9 months
- The Portfolio Manager partners with the Product Areas/Families to oversee the flow of work through system, including intake, prioritization, tracking and reporting, to enable the business teams and leadership see progress and remove blockers to help make decisions needed to deliver the most value to the organization.
- Provides management, oversight, and support to Product Area team leaders, collaborating across varying levels and roles and providing guidance on the processes to follow for managing the flow of work.
- Partner with product and technology leaders to drive value-based prioritization through financial evaluation of investments, develop business strategy and approach to translate ideas into executable portfolios that align with vision and strategy.
- Facilitate the Intake process for new work entering the portfolio, ensuring work is aligned to goals and has clearly defined scope and value and gain all necessary approvals (i.e., risk, architecture, finance etc).
- Oversee the planning of Initiatives from inceptions through implementation and ensure adherence to industry, technology and business processes and standards.
- Provide transparency and insights to the work and value expected within the portfolio to reflect the priorities of the teams and efficiency of delivery to drive actions and decisions.
- Orchestrates workflows across teams and complex portfolios in a matrixed operating model to align on timing of delivery and ensure operational readiness, risk assessments, and training considerations have been made to enable utilization and go to market of products
- Has a fundamental understanding of Product functionality, capabilities and major components and customers and products to drive value, collaboration across the product areas and identify any potential areas of risk.
- Support input to the development of the Portfolio Management operating model.
- Ability to work with product partners to take product vision to product technical strategy and drive organizational and transformational change.
- Demonstrates financial acumen when assessing value and costs for developing and implementing capabilities as well as for individual decisions within the organization.
- Desire to improve and/or streamline processes to maximize efficiency while addressing stakeholder needs
- Influence and skillfully manage relationships at all levels of the organization
- Proactive facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills using lean and agile tools and best practices.
- Strong organizational, oral, visual, and written communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with all levels across the enterprise, including risk, legal, technology, client support