41510- Project Manager
Riverwoods, IL 60015 US
Location: RIVERWOODS, IL
Duration: 12 Months
This Project Manager role within the Network Program Management Office (PMO) will primarily lead the creation and implementation of the PMO Project Management Framework, and introduce the structure to all stakeholders.
In addition, this person will also serve as the Lead Project Manager for other cross functional projects, as needed.
The PMO works to align project scope and critical delivery milestones across functional and enterprise wide initiatives.
Responsibilities include the management of all aspects of an assigned Network program including Operations, Legal, Pricing, Customer Support and Business Technology.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, PMO, the incumbent will be performing a critical role as a contact for our organization and will be responsible for supporting program management construct including: Facilitating internal / external meetings, ensuring efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes, overall program management reporting and of key strategic project implementations.
• Lead project teams composed of cross-functional representation from multiple business units of the client.
• Identify the steps in the project lifecycle; define the major milestones required for each stage gate, to satisfy control measures; identify and define all project work streams.
• Create project plans tracking all aspects of an initiative, including sub-projects, inter-dependencies, milestones, risks, contingency plans, and project resources.
• Provide project and program status reporting and other formal/informal communications regarding initiatives, issues, and achievements for a variety of audiences including internal and external business partners, and senior management.
• Support project efforts in the creation of plans to gain and maintain alignment of delivery success criteria with business partners.
• Accountable for effective program management, tracking, documentation and delivery of work requests and projects within committed schedule and quality for individual projects.
• Accountable for identifying needs, securing commitments and monitoring progress of deliverables from internal and external service provider teams.
• Provide assistance to Business in ensuring value realization of business solution improvements.
• Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
• Requires a Bachelor\'s Degree (or equivalent)
• Demonstrated ability to lead through influence; identify and facilitate the resolution of requirements, process, milestone, and project issues, achieving project goals within project timelines
• Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with project teams; to work creatively and demonstrate a tolerance for ambiguity while driving issues to resolution
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including managing client expectations, communicating issues, risks, and opportunities, and articulating a clear vision of project success
• 5+ experience in project management, PMO (preferred)
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certified (desired)
• Payment services industry experience (desired)
• Lean/Six Sigma Certification (desired)
• Extensive experience with SDLC (both Waterfall and Agile hands on experience - desired)
Payment Services/Financial Services Waterfall & Agile software delivery IT/Technology background Business project management background
Experienced Project manager with business and IT background who can connect the dots between both in order to manage business and technical discussions in order to delivery capabilities in multiple releases per year (Waterfall and Agile).