42056- Software Engineer
Riverwoods, IL 60015 US
Duration: 3 MONTHS CONTRACT TO HIRE
- On an Agile infrastructure team, you are responsible for all aspects of the software development lifecycle for client workstation and application virtualization solutions.
- Core competencies include but are not limited to: Citrix Technologies both on prem and in the cloud including XenDesktop and XenApp.
- Experience with cloud migrations are a plus. VDI, Software Deployment, PowerShell scripting/automation. Works independently as well as part of a tight-knit team, provides forward thinking solutions that drive both infrastructure and business solutions in a highly available and highly regulated environment. Interfaces with Solution Architects and other corresponding teams (network, security, appdev, hardware) on feature enrichment or problem solving of issues relating to the full system architecture stack.
- 8+ Years’ Experience working/engineering Virtualized environments (Citrix, VMware, Nutanix etc.) utilizing innovative and automated solutions.
- In depth knowledge of related infrastructure technologies and landscape (hardware, software, network, security, etc.)
- Demonstrated incident, problem, and escalation management for own area of responsibility with a strong customer focus.
- Familiarity with compliance standards such as PCI-DSS is preferred
- Demonstrated strong presentation and communication skills and the capability to address and interact with individuals or groups at varying levels of the organization.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies a plus
- Virtualization Technologies: Citrix primarily, VMWare, Azure, others a plus.
- Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows
- PowerShell Scripting
- SCCM or equivalent experience with configuration management solutions
- Group Policy Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Candidate must possess at least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology.
- Must be well organized, self-motivated, and able to prioritize and multi-task in high-pressure situations
- Will be part of a 24x7 on call rotation
- Able to work independently with strong interest on current planning techniques and technologies
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Create and Maintain Documentation both internally and customer facing
- Exceptional at troubleshooting, thinking out of the box
- bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology
- 8+ years Citrix experience, with both on premises and cloud implementations.