44107- Scrum Master
Riverwoods, IL 60015 US
Location: RIVERWOODS, IL
Duration: 11 Months+
- As a Lead Scrum Master, you leverage your understanding of the Scrum framework and Agile principles to develop self-organizing and high-performing teams.
- You leverage your Agile management skillset to continuously evolve the Scrum Team's Agile maturity and to drive efficiency throughout the product development processes.
- You advance the maturity of Scrum implementation by contributing to Communities of Practices (CoP) and promoting a culture of continuous learning and continuous improvement.
- As a scrum master, you work closely with aligned product owner, product architect and technical team.
- Responsible for facilitating all Scrum ceremonies, such as Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retro, in addition to collecting and providing relevant data and metrics.
- Act as Servant Leader. Drives team discussion & collaboration, coaching agile principles and the continuous improvement mindset in addition to helping manage impediment and dependency removal by working closely with other teams and impacted stakeholders.
- Attends Scrum of Scrum meetings as needed to synchronize across teams and resolve blockers.
- Assists Product Manager, Product Owner roles with on-going backlog refinement.
- Facilitates Sprint release planning with Product Manager, Product Owner and stakeholders to determine the features, its sequence and expected timeline.
- Ensures sprint releases stay on track and updates sprint activities in agile planning and execution tracking tool.
- Assist Agile Program Manager with status reporting by visualizing progress of the sprint through sprint scorecards including rollover, capacity calculation, burndown charts, velocity metrics, sprint accomplishments and socializing current risks/issues.
- Enables teams to visualize, understand, and improve their predictability sprint over sprint.
- Drives the implementation, utilization, and improvement of Runway Metrics.
- Drives 100% Jira adoption across their teams.
- Partner with others in the Agile community (Scrum Masters, APMs and Agile Coaches) to drive technology-focused teams towards achieving Agile principles.
- Coach the team to own and continually improve their process and practices.
- Driving teams to improve agility practices and become more self-organizing.
Lean/Agile Product Development Methodology:
- Able to lead teams in the implementation and execution of agile methodologies and frameworks independently.
- Through experience and intuition, has the ability to influence and coach team members /product stakeholders on best practices to achieve desired outcomes.
- Able to provide analytical coaching approaches to teams based on specific needs and desired outcomes. Can manage and remove critical blockers by thinking about outside factors that might affect the outcome and decides how to address them.
- Uses metrics from agile reporting tools to help drive changes or validate whether previous changes are working.
- Agile coaching responsibilities and success.
- Capable of providing advanced reporting, that helps the team identify opportunities for self improvement and coaches them on getting to their desired result.
- Can successfully lead the agile practice for 2-3 teams.
Agile Management Tools:
- Able to execute Agile tool management needs for agile teams and can identify factors to consider in the application outside of the obvious.
- Able to provide unique solutions to teams based on experience, intuition and specific need. Ability to coach and train a variety of stakeholders on tool usage and capabilities.
- Able to create usable dashboards to aid product owners and engineers and help impact success. Leverages advanced tooling features for complex queries, reporting and insight.
Process Improvement Mindset:
- Able to identify patterns for improvement easily and apply appropriate coaching techniques and metrics to help the team continuously improve.
- Constantly monitoring/guiding team in implementing new techniques & processes towards continued delivery excellence.
- Coaches Lean Agile & Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Supports team norms, coaches team on agile mind set and scrum process and influences team success. Removes impediments from teams while promoting self-organizing cross-functional teams focused on constantly improving their standards of work.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team through process improvement exercises.
- Shares best practices through documentation or collaboration (guilds, communities of practice).
Leadership (Servant Leadership):
- Demonstrated ability to lead team-level ceremonies and activities for one or more teams concurrently.
- Demonstrates servant leadership by bridging gaps between development team, product champions and stakeholders.
- Actively looks for ways to help the team in their day-to-day work. (eg. Testing software, reaching out to dependencies, helping with documentation, etc.)
- Ability to effectively delegate.
- Able to communicate effectively with different levels of the organization including developers, scrum masters, product owners, managers, and leadership.
- Able to speak in front of a small audience.
- Continually searches for feedback from those they collaborate with.
- Capable of resolving conflict internal to team.
- Capable of effective and constructive challenge.
- Independent critical thinker, demonstrates sound judgement.
- Good working and background knowledge of team's domain.