44666 - Compliance Tester
Riverwoods, IL 60015 US
Location: Riverwoods, IL
Tenure: 3-months Contract to Hire
Responsible for assessing first-line business processes and controls used to monitor and test for adherence with federal and state regulatory requirements. The role collaborates with management to identify compliance issues and corrective action plans and communicates the scope and severity of concerns identified to the applicable level of management.
- Demonstrates general knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Discover 1st line, 2nd line risk management and procurement policies, to identify key risk and controls of the business line in order to evaluate compliance with regulatory requirements
- Manages activities of the Compliance Testing staff (direct/indirect) and is responsible for the overall integrity and quality of the work product.
- Creates and maintains testing work papers and supporting documentation. Writes findings regarding compliance testing results.
- Collaborates with various levels of management within the areas of responsibilities, including the risk functions within the First Line of Defense. Evaluates and tests the adequacy of transactions and business processes with respect to risks, controls, and regulatory requirement identifying gaps and issues.
- Monitors and validates the status of corrective actions taken by business partners to remediate concerns. Creates and maintains testing work papers and supporting documentation. Writes findings regarding compliance testing results.
- Maintains a high level of awareness and knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements.
- Supports Compliance Management in developing, implementing, and maintaining an enterprise-wide Compliance Program and a culture of compliance.
- Bachelor\'s Degree in Business, Finance, or Legal
- 4+ years of experience in consumer compliance, financial services, risk and/or internal audit
- In Lieu of Education Experience 8+ years\' experience in compliance, financial services, risk including consumer compliance testing, quality assurance, regulatory examination or audit
- 6+ years of experience in consumer compliance testing, quality assurance, regulatory examination and/or audit
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
- Certified Internal Auditor