57192- Devops Engineer- No third parties plz
Chicago, IL 60607 US
DevOps Engineer – no C2C candidates
Location: CHICAGO, IL 60607
Hybrid – Authorized for remote work
Duration: 10 -16 Months+
This role is not open to C2C candidates or subcontractors.
We are looking for two DevOps Engineers to own the transformation and ongoing standardization of CI/CD pipelines, test and development environments
In this strategy and transformation focused role, you will partner with test automation teams, product engineering groups, and 3rd party engineering vendors to develop and drive CI/CD tool adoption and standardization. We’re looking at how to use CI/CD optimizations, cloud environments, and standardization technology to improve the development lifecycle and code quality. We’re also exploring technologies that can accelerate virtualization and enable next generation automation in our test strategies.
- As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in crafting the definition, vision, design, road map and development of product features from beginning to end.
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
- Educate and advise Senior Management, comprising resources from the Business and Functional disciplines and IT business and operations functions around data management best practices and resulting benefits, to achieve their objectives; resolve issues called out from all data management partners
- Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most meaningful priorities.
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- Coding and scripting skills for applications such as Terraform and experience with implementing high-scale cloud architectures using modern, cloud-based container platforms (PaaS/SaaS)
- Applied expertise with CI/CD enablers such as Jenkins (SaaS), GitHub Actions, ArgoCD
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (AWS) and cluster management tools like Kubernetes (AWS EKS)
- Experience with containers such as Docker
- Experience with continuous integration and related tools such as Jenkins Pipelines, Git, Sonar, DataDog etc.
- Experience with writing Terraform scripts
- Experience with implementing Service Mesh with Istio
- Experience working with API Gateway
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with rolling out automated Canary deployments on AWS using Istio and Flagger preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience.