58053- Accessibility Analyst
Chicago, IL 60607 US
Duration: 18 MONTHS+
We are looking for an experienced Accessibility Analyst. The Accessibility Analyst is responsible for ensuring digital platform properties meet the WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility standards as well as accessibility related laws globally. The ideal candidate will be an empathetic and collaborative problem-solver who communicates effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders who is committed to delivering accessible websites and apps for all business areas.
· Focus on design and content accessibility user acceptance testing (also some presenting and coaching).
· Hands-on accessibility feedback, testing and analysis across the product lifecycle including research, design, and development.
· Support the ongoing testing efforts using various forms of assistive technology.
· Produce understandable reports regarding accessibility issues and impacts.
· Work alongside QA teams to ensure proper testing techniques and appropriate reporting.
· Manage a diverse workload of projects with strong problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrate effective, appropriate, and consistent communication skills with understanding about disability, accessibility, and inclusion.
· 3 - 5 years digital accessibility experience in the public or private sector required
· Associates degree or higher preferred
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Strong experience with assessing digital products against WCAG 2.1 level AA (or most current version).
· Basic understanding of Mobile Development on IOS and Android
· Ability to vet and annotate designs and content for accessibility and inclusive design principles.
· Comfortable using common assistive technology tools and practices to support individuals with disabilities utilizing desktop, mobile and kiosk applications.
· General awareness and understanding of technical, legal, and compliance concerns related to accessibility
· Ability to work independently and in small groups effectively and efficiently
· Self-motivated and proactive about work priorities alongside use of good judgment
· Confident and able to work across different digital platforms
· Actively engaged within the disability community, including but not limited to workshops, events, speakers, activism, lived experience, etc.