7937- Database Administrator
Dallas, TX 75201 US
Location: IRVING, TX
Duration: 6 Months+
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Manage database access.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
- Work in a fast-paced environment where we are responsible for companies’ most critical systems.
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity.
Database Administrator Qualifications/Skills:
- 5+ Years working with Postgres in a DBA role
- Strong command of SQL and SQL tools
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- Unix shell scripting skills
- Experience implementing high availability database instances
- Experience and understanding of AWS RDS/Aurora
- Experience with other databases, especially DocumentDB is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to access impact of requested changes
- Collaborative, get it done attitude
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Proven mentorship or leadership skills are a plus.
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite and Agile/Scrum toolsets