8163 - DevOps Engineer
Irving, TX 75014 US
• Scripting (BASH, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.) and building required automation and tools.
• Incident Management/Late night Deployment and on call support for production support.
• Serving as a hands-on subject matter expert for DevOps and Automation in an AWS infrastructure environment
• Leading and contributing to the development, maintenance, and usage of deployment and task automation (OS, database services, virtual networks, or other platform services)
• Participating on fast-paced DevOps and SysOps Engineering teams within Scrum agile processes
• Working directly with architects and developers to create supportable designs and debug problems
• Developing cloud infrastructure designs and implementations and guiding the process from development to operations
• Making decisions on problem resolutions in critical down time situations when escalation is impractical
• Attending and contributing in technical discussions and working groups with various stakeholders
• Understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Assist teams with application code and infrastructure-as-code deployments
• Help teams implement and improve their git operations workflows
• Incident Management and On Call and late night deployments for production applications
• Building monitoring Dashboards in ELK and NewRelic
• Manage the portfolio of platforms required to drive a modern continuous integration and continuous deployment pipeline
• Work across corporate teams to implement SRE methodologies
• Balance work efforts captured in meetings, trouble tickets and project plans
• Hands-on keyboard' AWS implementation experience across a broad range of AWS services
• Must have in depth AWS development experience (Containerization – Docker, Lambda, EC2, S3, API, ALB/NLB, PostgreSQL)
• Strong knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD pipeline (GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory)
• Scripting capability and the ability to develop AWS environments as code
• Hands-on AWS experience with at least 1 implementation (preferred in an Enterprise scale environment)
• Experience with core AWS platform architecture, including areas such as: Organizations, Account Design, VPC, Subnet, segmentation strategies.
• Backup and Disaster Recovery approach and design
• CloudFormation and third-party automation approach/strategy
• Experienced in developing Web Services with Python, JSON
• Familiar with Encryption, Logging, and Privacy/Security Protocols (e.g. TLS 1.2, ELK stack)
• Good knowledge of REST/SOAP/JSON web service API implementation
• Experienced in developing test plan, test cases, baselines, and conducting end-to-end testing
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Extensive knowledge of cloud computing and strong in AWS
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in troubleshooting and reading complex code using debuggers
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in DevOps or similar roles.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with AWS tools and methodologies.
• 3+ years of development experience in Python
• 3+ years of experience with Mongo, MySQL and NoSQL databases.
• 2+ years on ELK and NewRelic