8262- Senior Program Manager
Dallas, TX 75201 US
Location: IRVING, TX
Duration: 12 MONTHS+
- Tracks and manages the program roadmaps/schedules for upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Responsible for managing/building the business relationships for respective programs.
- Coordinates with Project Managers, other IT business units as well as vendors within the assigned programs to ensure proper project documentation and resource utilization across programs.
- Maintains strong customer focus while coordinating and collaborating with stakeholders, vendors, and IT resources in the implementation of key projects using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Manages programs and or multiple concurrent projects which are not necessarily related or interdependent.
- Provides leadership to project managers, fosters a positive team environment, and provides direction in ambiguous situations.
- Utilizes negotiation skills to influence and creatively achieve successful outcomes around scope, schedule, budget, issues/risks, and resources for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively exercises initiative in identifying, tracking, and removing impediments to program success.
- Approaches risk identification and mitigation, accordingly, including establishing contingency plans and initiating corrective action.
- Understands how individual projects affect the program/portfolio and exercises judgment in raising issues and risks to the program/portfolio level.
- Arbitrates and resolves conflicts within the program when necessary.
- Understands appropriate paths and methods for escalation.
- Managing the program’s budget.
- The program manager must have strong practical experience in project management, which was gained through managing large and complex projects. He or she must have the following:
- Good knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques.
- Good understanding of the wider objectives of the program.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in program management.
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
- PMP preferred and a strong grasp of project management principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, graphics, and other relevant software
- Proficiency with Jira, SharePoint, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, and Project Management software (e.g.: Smarsheets, MS Project, ServiceNow PPM, etc.).
- 10 years' experience in project management and quality management
- Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, multi-tasking environment
- Proven ability to interact with various levels of management and other Associates
- PMP preferred