AO8- Sr. Full Stack Developer
Rosemont, IL 60018 US
Sr. Full Stack Developer
Location: ROSEMONT, IL OR WASHINGTON, DC
The Sr Full Stack Developer will lead the development and maintenance of the applications to support one of the client's programs.
The Developer’s role is to write, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
The Developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required. Support other client / server and web-based systems, including web sites, third party vendor interfaces, off-the-shelf enterprise software, and other custom developed solutions.
- Design and develop software solutions that meet needs defined in the business requirements.
- Complete development of all assigned tasks on time.
- Assist developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualization and development of new software programs and applications.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements, detailed technical specifications and the technical deployment documents.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Provide issue escalation and resolution as well as timely execution of deadlines.
- Interact with Project Managers and Business Analysts to ensure accurate and comprehensive understanding of the requirements.
- Utilize diagnostic, problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Coach and mentor junior developers on using clean coding techniques.
- Participate in refinement sessions to provide point estimates on user stories, epic based on complexity, volume (amount of change) and risk / uncertainty.
- Deploy software to Development, QA, UAT and Production environments.
- Review UI/UX designs produced by BA or UI/UX designer and provide feedback on the design.
- Write SQL procedures, views, scripts, etc.
- Create deployment plans for releases.
- Continuously learn recent technologies and languages.
Exemplifies the following essential values of the client:
· Teamwork: Effective collaboration and team-focus to solve complex problems and drive innovation.
· Empowerment: The authority, information, and skills to make decisions and drive results.
· Accountability: Ownership of process and results that drive decisions and ensure implementation.
· Mindset of Growth / Continuous Learning: Focused on and invested in self and staff development to become more adaptable, making the client more agile, innovative, and sustainable.
Up to 5 days per year
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, engineering, or related fields
- 7+ years of .NET software development experience in creating full stack web-based solutions using OOP and software design patterns.
- 5+ years of development experience with:
- ASP.NET MVC C#
- Entity Framework
- REST API
- Proficient in writing SQL Server queries, stored procedures, and query optimization.
- 4+ years of experience using SQL Server to perform following
- Write stored procedures and scripts
- Write database triggers and views
- Experience working with Git to create feature branches, merge branches, resolve merge conflicts required
- Experience in designing, developing, debugging and maintaining one or more multi-threaded solutions
- Experience with using Entity Framework and LINQ
- Test Driven Development, mocking frameworks, IoC, dependency injection
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud development is a plus but not required
- Experience implementing or utilizing CI/CD practices working with Azure DevOps
- Experience working in a scrum development team necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to manage multiple tasks
- Self-directed and initiative-taking; thinks beyond the immediate problem
- Experience using Azure appliances specifically Cosmos, Azure Functions, Azure Data Factory and Azure Storage a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in applying domain driven design principles a big plus