AS12- Investment Accountant
Northbrook, IL 60062 US
Location: NORTHBROOK, IL
Duration: 18-Month contract
- This position is responsible for applying both Statutory and GAAP investment accounting for all entities of the client organization and performs maintenance of the accounting sub-ledger and related general ledger accounts
- Participates in the research of complex investment accounting issues, and implements accounting policies and procedures on new investments.
- Responsible for Statutory and GAAP transaction and balance accounting for all entities.
- Prepares and reviews statutory investment exhibits and schedules, along with data requests from management, internal/external audit, tax department, and other users of investment accounting data.
- Maintains expert knowledge of investment vehicles, and the Statutory and GAAP accounting practices requirements for those investments.
- Performs the periodic asset reconciliations and balancing between general ledger and investment accounting sub-ledger to ensure data reporting integrity.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance and 6+ years accounting experience including 3+ years investment accounting experience
- Knowledge of Statutory and GAAP accounting principles and reporting requirements for investments
- Knowledge of complex investment vehicles
- Knowledge of a general ledger system (PeopleSoft, Oracle, etc)
- Certified Public Accountant designation
- MBA degree with concentration in Finance
- Experience with PAM or similar insurance investment accounting sub-ledger system
- Experience with Oracle ERP general ledger
- Project Management