DW3- QA Automation Engineer
QA Automation Engineer
- Reporting to QA Manager, the QA Automation Engineer will own the quality framework, tools, and execution for all assigned projects from conception through development, test, and production.
- The QA Automation Engineer will integrate into the client’ s CI/CD processes and tools.
- The QA Automation Engineer will personally create test frameworks and the environments in which they reside.
- This position is within the Solutions Engineering team and works in concert with Information Technology and Application Development within the CTO organization to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, testing, and deploying impactful cyber security content and applications for our customers and internal delivery teams.
- As a subject matter expert, the person in this role will be expected to provide specialist guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues, non-technical team members and users to ensure that tests and releases are conducted in an appropriate manner.
? Engage with developers, project and product management, and (if required) our customers to ensure correct products are produced in a timely fashion
? Evaluate the quality of project outputs against agreed service acceptance criteria
? Continually work towards making improvements in the Test processes
? Assess and analyze release components
? Carry out the builds and tests and ensuring, where possible, information exchange with configuration management
? Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
? Define testing benchmark standard (automated unit/integration, manual, SIT, UAT) and manage exceptions on a project by project basis
? Measure and monitor progress of Test activities to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
? Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
? Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
? Produce Release and Test Reporting
? Lead Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists
? Leverage scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, test and deploy software releases to various platforms
? Participate in customer meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
? Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
? Strong Agile capabilities - mentoring level preferred
? Test Automation - deployment, configuration, adoption
? Contributing to the improvement of service processes and customer satisfaction
? Meeting or exceeding targets and fulfilling agreements even when adverse circumstances prevail
? Leveraging strong methods, techniques and tools for planning, organizing, resourcing, directing, coordinating and monitoring ongoing operational activities
? Facilitating collaboration between stakeholders and managing opposing requirements and views to a successful outcome
? Exerting good judgement in your use, prioritization and allocation of organizational resource
? Coping with the unexpected, making sound decisions quickly in a crisis situation, dealing with any issues be they familiar or unfamiliar and motivating others in times of continual change
? Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent professional experience
? Ability to pass a pre-employment background and drug screen in accordance with applicable laws
- Cyber Security Operations, Frameworks and Tools
- Business Intelligence, Analytics, Machine Learning and/or AI
- Building content and applications for customer consumption and use
- Experience in automating tests in front end ui, backend systems, and mobile
- Detox (preferred)
- Cypress (preferred)
- Postman (preferred)
- React Native
- General business, IT and Cyber Security compliance awareness
- Process and functional leadership experience