DW5- QA Manager
#CP – DW5
- The QA Manager will own the client’ s Release Management lifecycle, which includes scheduling, coordinating and managing releases across multiple products and services using and extending their delivery platforms.
- This role will also have overall responsibility for the testing success, specifically the
- maturity of product and service quality testing, test and release advocacy, and test planning.
- This position is within our Enterprise Technology Group, on the Solutions Engineering team and works in concert with groups to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with
- continuously building, testing, and deploying impactful cyber security features for our customers and internal teams.
- The QA Manager will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments.
- This job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects, and is supportive of developers and testers baselining build dev/test environments, tools, procedures, and changes.
- To manage these processes, the QA Manager will be expected to assess the progress, compliance and effectiveness of the release and test
- As a subject matter expert, the person in this role will be expected to provide specialist guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues, non-technical team members and users to ensure that tests and releases are conducted in an appropriate manner.
- Additionally, the QA Manager will be expected to align with existing internal processes and tools.
? Engage with developers, project and product management, and (if required) our customers to ensure correct products and services are produced in a timely fashion
? Evaluate the quality of program and project outputs against agreed service acceptance criteria
? Define and own Test and Release strategy and processes and release acceptance criteria
? Continually work towards making improvements in the Test and Release processes
? Assess and analyze release components
? Carry out the builds and tests and ensuring, where possible, information exchange with configuration management
? Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
? Define testing\ benchmark standard (automated unit/integration, manual, SIT, UAT) and manage exceptions on a project by project basis
? Measure and monitor progress of Test and Release activities to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
? Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
? Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
? Produce Release and Test Reporting
? Maintain release schedules for all services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors
? Lead Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists
? Leverage scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, test and deploy software releases to various platforms
? Participate in customer meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
? Maintain a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
Required Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
? Strong Agile capabilities - mentoring level preferred
? Test Automation - deployment, configuration, adoption
? Process and functional leadership experience
? General business, IT and Cyber Security compliance awareness
? Contributing to the improvement of service processes and customer satisfaction
? Meeting or exceeding targets and fulfilling agreements even when adverse circumstances prevail
? Leveraging strong methods, techniques and tools for planning, organizing, resourcing, directing, coordinating and monitoring ongoing operational activities
? Facilitating collaboration between stakeholders and managing opposing requirements and views to a successful outcome
? Exerting good judgement in your use, prioritization and allocation of organizational resources.
? Coping with the unexpected, making sound decisions quickly in a crisis situation, dealing with any issues be they familiar or unfamiliar and motivating others in times of continual change.
? Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent professional experience
? Ability to pass a pre-employment background and drug screen in accordance with applicable laws
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
? Cyber Security Operations, Frameworks and Tools
? Experience with (or knowledge of) 1 or more of the following: bitbucket, codacy, synk, cypress, bitrise, mockaroo, tonic.ai, sentry, aws cdk, webpack, yarn, pip
? Building content, products, applications, and/or services for internal and/or customer consumption and use
? Advanced knowledge in development languages of choice (python, typescript, ansible, terraform)
? Advanced knowledge in testing methodologies, tools, and development patterns of choice, with unique implementations
? Advanced knowledge in version control, specifically git, with advanced integration and extension
? Organized Change Management against staged environments with product and service outcomes