FV1- Cobol Developer
Bennington, NE 68007 US
Location: OMAHA, NE OR ALPHARETTA, GA OR BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NEW JERSEY
Duration: 8 Months Contract to Hire
- Ensures adherence to established standards and may consult with senior managers on technology solutions.
- Consults with project teams and functional units on the design of important projects or services.
- Supports existing business systems applications.
- Performs additional job duties as required.
Job Specific needs & Responsibilities:
- Knowledge in CICS, COBOL & DB2 . Assembler Knowledge is a plus.
- Intertest experience is a huge plus. Expert in multiple languages and tools.
- Credit/Debit or Financial knowledge. Should be quick learner, Detail-oriented, Multitasker.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment. Possesses strong knowledge of application development technologies, tools, methodologies as well as all functional areas in IT organization.
- Should be able to support production and should be available to support on call, as needed.
- Enhances staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Expert in multiple languages and tools. Some knowledge in emerging technologies. Possesses strong knowledge of application development technologies, tools and methodologies.
- Good understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and applies such knowledge to support the needs of the business.
- Strong understanding of complex internal business processes or functions.
- Works on moderate to complex projects and issues within functional area.
- Works more independently with IT functional units and business units. Recommends strategies for improving system applications.
- Coaches and leads less experienced IT staff and business managers.
- 8+ yrs. of related IT experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree at College of Science, Technology, Engineering & Math major or equivalent work, or military experience.