HE8D- Applications Manager- Manufacturing ERP
Applications Manager – Manufacturing ERP
#JP – HE8D
If this position is of interest to you, please email your resume to email@example.com (or call 630-376-0646 and ask for John)
Location: Lincolnshire, IL
Duration: PERMANENT HIRE
Compensation: $140, 000 to $160, 000 + full benefits
A leader in the mobile machinery and industrial equipment industry seeks an experienced Applications Manager with manufacturing ERP and industrial or manufacturing Product Management experience. Global exposure is ideal.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
· Experience working with senior business management through supervisors and leads in the development of business requirements and collaborating in developing and implementing the various initiatives and projects to drive business improvement.
· Comprehensive knowledge of and experience implementing and managing modern systems PLM, manufacturing ERP, MES, IIOT or related applications, preferably in an engineer/configure/ make-to-order business models.
· Experience with a global manufacturing and supply chain business is ideal.
· Experience managing the development and support activities and budgets for a set of application systems for a medium to large sized company, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
· Extensive experience managing external firms and personnel and making key decisions such as sourcing, assessing and selection, negotiation, agreement and SOW.
· For major projects, extensive experience in developing project definitions and plans, including business requirements, technical requirements, costs and benefits analysis, and implementation plans.
· Successful execution of implementation plans a must.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills along with strong organization skills and a strong attention to details.
· Experience developing complex business cases and project plans for IT applications initiatives.
· A college degree or equivalent is required with a preference in business or IT; an advanced degree in the management with an information technology concentration is preferred.
· Works proactively with all levels in the company to identify business functions and processes that can be significantly improved by applying IT to increased profits.
· Contributes to the development of IT strategic plans and budgeting process.
· Oversees key projects and development efforts to ensure a high-quality and efficient execution of the project from definition, planning, system design, solution development, testing documentation and implementation.
· Defines and builds a strong project management and system maintenance culture, processes and the organizational capabilities that deliver high quality, timely and cost-effective IT solutions.
· Ensures that application, data and infrastructure architectures are appropriated and kept current.
· Collaborates in developing business systems and technology standards in accordance with architecture decisions to ensure business and IT developer productivity.
· Collaborates in the development and evolution of technical standards, and operational processes and policies of the IT department; trains staff on their use and ensures their use in the support and development activities.
· Manages and guides business systems and programmer analysts, who generate business requirements and project economics, designs business processes and the related application systems, estimates resources and completion time frames.
· Ensures that project and support personnel, whether internal or external, can produce high-quality solutions and results that meet or exceed technical and business standards.
· Develops development plans and budgets as requested by the CIO for the strategic plans and the annual budgeting, especially as they relate to the applications and architecture.
· As needed and appropriate, identifies and addresses project and department budget variances.
· Oversees or conducts performance planning and review, coaching, recruiting, disciplinary actions and initiates salary actions for his/her staff.
· Develops IT staff capabilities and skills by defining career goals, developing formal and informal training programs and providing proper on-the-job instruction.
KEY PERSONAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
· Pro-active and analytical problem solver
· Attentive to details and drives for appropriate precision in analysis and execution
· Takes initiatives to address problems
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Takes ownership of projects, problems and seeks the best solution
· Process and methods oriented
· Builds effective relationships
· Decisive yet thinks through the ramifications
· Tenacious, resourceful and flexible
· Organized and can organize a department of personnel
· Constantly works to improve existing situation.
STARTER BENEFITS PACKAGE DESCRIPTION
· Employees enjoy a full complement of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, Disability coverage, 401(k) with a generous match, and the opportunity to participate in our ESOP.
· Paid Time Off (PTO) plus 10 Paid Holidays and more.
· Education Assistance
· On-Site Training
· Offering the best manufacturing practices training, Six Sigma classes led by our own Black Belts, supervisory and management development courses and basic computer skills classes