TD6- SENIOR DEPOSIT COMPLIANCE ANALYST
Houston, TX 77053 US
Senior Deposit Compliance Analyst
#RZ – TD6
Please send resumes to email@example.com or call (630) 376-0646 and ask for RENEE.
Location: HOUSTON, TX
• Works closely with the Director, Compliance in the overall administration of deposit and operations compliance-related directives for our client
• Performs assigned work that supports the development, implementation, maintenance, execution, and continual improvement of our client’s Compliance Management Program.
• Works closely with Legal and Risk Management teams, retail branches and other business units to proactively identify, assess and remediate risk, with a focus on Deposit and Operations.
• Maintains knowledge of all applicable banking laws, rules, and regulations.
• Monitors new and pending legislation that impacts our client; assists affected business units in development of programs, policies, procedures, and training to implement related requirements and satisfy regulatory requirements; consults with the Legal team as needed.
• Provides regular updates to business units impacted by regulatory changes and coordinates implementation plans or manages implementation projects as assigned. Surfaces risks, challenges or gaps with Director-Compliance and/or Line of Business owner.
• Works collaboratively with business units to successfully implement any procedural changes resulting from testing and monitoring, observations, or findings. Proactively collects feedback to assess effectiveness of proposed changes.
• Provides subject matter expertise and reviews new product and service offerings and all proposed marketing materials to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, as needed.
• Assists Director, Compliance in independent third party and regulatory audits.
• Reviews and assesses the components of our client’s policies, procedures, and practices, including evaluating management's responses to issues identified in audits, reviews, and examinations.
• Periodically reviews deposit systems records and operations to identify violations and regulatory deficiencies; assist department heads with prompt correction of compliance violations or deficiencies identified during the ongoing monitoring and testing process.
• Reviews, researches, and drafts responses to member regulatory complaints; analyzes and reports on trends.
• Reviews and drafts compliance-related policies and procedures.
• Drafts and/or reviews forms and consumer disclosures to ensure compliance with applicable law.
• Supports our client’s Deposit and Operations areas by providing subject matter expertise; understands and evaluates business processes and related compliance controls development and implementation; reports findings to management.
• Partners with Talent Services (HR) to develop and administer an effective compliance training program for employees and Board of Directors.
• Assists with aggregating and analyzing data and providing periodic reports regarding Deposit, and Operations compliance.
• Assists in testing of processes, controls, policies and procedures, or data sources utilized for managing risk to assess the effectiveness of the control environment in Deposits and Operations.
• Manages special projects as assigned.
• All other duties as needed or required.
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education. and experience.
Licensure / Certifications:
• Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Credit Union Compliance Expert (CUCE) preferred.
• 3-5 years progressive experience with financial institution compliance operations and processes. Previous experience in deposit compliance preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong working knowledge of the regulatory framework within which financial institutions operate, including but not limited to knowledge of: UDAAP, NCUA Regulations Part 707 (TISA), Regulation E (EFTA), overdraft protection program regulations and guidelines, Regulation CC (EFAA), Regulation P (GLBA), Fair Credit Reporting Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and Garnishment of Accounts Containing Federal Benefit Payments.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to convey complicated advice and information in an understandable and engaging manner.
• Unquestioned integrity and excellent judgement.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills, including the ability to work independently on projects of high complexity with limited supervision.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and instill trust within the organization.
• Fast learner who thrives in a high-demand environment; works well under pressure.
• Ability to handle conflicts with diplomacy.
• Strong emotional intelligence.
• Capable of working successfully as a leader, an individual contributor, and on teams including diverse sets of personalities and skill levels.
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively across functions (including Legal, BSA, Talent Services (HR), Fraud, Internal Audit, Operations, Retail, and Risk Management) in a fast-paced, high-volume, high-pressure environment.
• A business-focused, creative problem solver who is open to new ideas and new approaches.
• Willingness to continually learn and stay current on trends in the financial services industry.
• Expert level knowledge of relevant software including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Westlaw and Practical Law.